Mt. McKinley Animal Hospital Dachshund Dash Sign Up Form
Saturday, July 29th – 4pm
I agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Tanana Valley State Fair, its individual members, employees, and directors against any and all claims arising out of or resulting from my participation in the Mt. McKinley Animal Hospital Dachshund Dash. In addition, I hereby certify that I have read and agree to follow the contest rules and respect the judge’s rulings.
If a dog handler(s) is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian’s signature is required.
I, as named below, am the parent or legal guardian of as named above and authorize his/her participation in the Mt. McKinley Animal Hospital Dachshund Dash. I understand the rules of this contest as outlined above and will facilitate the availability of my child to participate in this contest on Saturday at 4pm at the Tanana Valley State Fair.
Dachschund Dash Race Rules
- All dogs participating must be dachschunds or a mix that resembles a dachshund.
- Each race participant (each dog) requires 2 handlers – 1 at each end of the course.
- Dogs can be lured to the finish line with food, toys, noise makers, etc. Handlers MUST stay behind the finish line..
- Dogs will run in groups of 5 – the winner of each group will advance to the following race.
- The final race will determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- Changes to the race rules are at the discretion of Mt. McKinley Animal Hospital representatives.
- Dogs must be up to date on their rabies vaccine (All vaccinations advised).
- Owner and/or handlers are responsible for any injuries caused by their dog.
- Owner and/or handlers are responsible for keeping their dog restrained while not racing and picking up any messes that their dog makes while on fair grounds.
- It is at the discretion of the MMAH race representatives to disqualify any dogs that appear sick, injured, or aggressive.
- Tanana Valley Fair Rules that dogs are not allowed to walk around the fairgrounds after the race has completed. Participants cannot walk around the fair.