Consent for surgical care
While there are risks associated with general anesthesia, be assured that Mt. McKinley Animal Hospital will take every precaution to minimize risk by always performing the following:
- Physical exam prior to anesthesia
- Multi-parameter monitoring (blood pressure, EKG, CO2, heart/respiratory/temp)
- Intravenous (IV) catheter and fluid therapy
- Preoperative and postoperative pain control injections
- Endotracheal intubation and oxygen therapy
- Injectable and inhalant anesthetics based on your pet’s age and specific medical needs
Phone Number(s): It is important that we have phone number where you can be reached if consultation is necessary while your pet is under anesthesia.
I hereby authorize Mt. McKinley Animal Hospital to perform such diagnostic , therapeutic and surgical procedures as described above. The nature of such services has been described to me to my satisfaction. I realize that there are risks involved with any anesthetic or surgical procedure and that no guarantee or warranty can be made regarding the results or cure. I also authorize the hospital staff in an emergency situation, to follow through with such procedures as are necessary for the well being of my pet on a continuing basis until further communication with me I understand that veterinary care during the night time hours is provided at the discretion of the attending veterinarian. Continuous presence of personnel may not be provided during these hours. I have been given an estimate and understand that it is an approximation of planned procedures and the final bill may be more or less than this amount. I understand that I assume financial responsibility for all services rendered.